Ingredients100 gr butter, cut into cubes
100 gr dark chocolate, in drops
125 gr castor sugar
3 eggs, beaten
75 gr self-raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
100 gr dark chocolate, in chips
For the cheesecake mixture
200 gr cream cheese
2 egg yolks
75 gr caster sugar
Method1. Preheat the oven to 160C. Butter a 20cm cake tin, line the base and sides of the tin.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in a saucepan and melt over a low heat. Stir just until smooth, then remove from the heat and beat in the sugar and a pinch of salt, followed by the eggs.
3. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder, add the chocolate chips and stir in. Tip the batter into the prepared tin and spread out using a spatula.
4. In a clean bowl, beat all the ingredients for the cheesecake mixture together until smooth. Dot heaped teaspoonfuls of this mixture across the top of the brownies batter in the tin, then use a skewer or knife to swirl the two mixtures together, right across the tin and up to the edges.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the middle of the cake still wobbles slightly when you gently shake the tin – a skewer inserted into the centre should come out with a little moisture on it.
6. Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely in the tin before carefully removing the cake and cutting into squares to serve.