Sticky Rice :
300 gr Thai Glutinous Rice
250 ml unsweetened coconut milk
125 gr sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
Coconut Sauce :
125 ml unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tbsp water
1. Soak the rice for at least 2-3 hours. Drain, wash, and drain the rice again.
2. Steam the rice on medium-hifh heat for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix the coconut milk with sugar and salt. It requires a bit of stirring to incorporate the solids of coconut milk and to dissolve the sugar. When the rice finished steaming, add it on top of this sauce, flatten it out to cover the surface and cover the dish tighly for 30 minute rest, during which the rice will absorb the sauce and finish its own cooking. Uncover and spoon it from the bottom up to transfer any leftover liquid to then top. Cover again and leave alone for 15 minutes or up to 2-3 hours.
4. Meanwhile make the sauce. Heat coconut milk in a saucepan on high heat for 1 minutes, without stirring, until it reaches the boil. Immediately add salt and cornstarch dissolved in water. reduce heat to medium, stir to mix the additions and cook for 1 minutes, without letting it boil and without stirring, until it thickens somewhat.
5. To serve, scoop out the sticky rice onto individual olates. Nap generously with the coconut sauce and garnish with sliced mango.
Source : Simply Thai Cooking