Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Cream Cheese & Mixed Fruit Butter Cake
125 gr Butter
125 gr cream cheese
185 gr castor sugar
200 gr Top flour, sifted together with
1 tsp baking powder
150 gr Mixed fruits (soaked overnight with 2 Tbsp Rum/brandy/Kirsch (I used Cointreau)
50 gr Chopped walnuts ( I didn't use)
5 nos green Cherries - diced
(1) Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition to prevent curdling.
(3) Mix 2 Tbsp of the sifted flour with the mixed fruits to prevent the fruits from sinking.
(4) Fold in sifted flour and then add in the mixed fruits and green cherries.
(5) Greased 1 loaf tin and dust it with flour, tap out the excess flour.
(6) Pour mixture into loaf tin and bake in preheated oven at 175C for about 45 mins. or until cooked.
(7) Remove from oven and leave to cool on the wire rack.
Source : Aunty Yochana