Recipe from Rima - Bisousatoi
100g Butter, soften at room temperature---> i used 105 gr Salted Butter
200g Caster sugar (I cut down to 180g)
50g Sour cream (2 tbsp) (I used low fat yogurt)
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Lemon or orange zest (i used lemon) ----> i used orange
210g Plain flour - sifted ----> i used Self Raising Flour 200 gr
1 tsp Baking powder (I used double acting baking powder) ----> skip
500g Fruits tossed with 2 tbsp sugar
(You can use strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas, pearls, apples, pineapple, or any other fruits that are not too juicy.) -
I used peaches
- Wash, cut (chunks or slice as desired) and drain fruits, toss with sugar (if desired) and set aside. (if using canned fruits, wash the fruits
to remove syrup, omit the sugar).
- Grease with butter and flour the side of a 9" round pan or a 8" square pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, sugar and sour cream till light and fluffy.
- Dribble in the eggs gradually and beat till incorporated in the batter. (The mixture appear slightly curdled)
- Add vanilla extract and zest.
- Dump in sifted flour and baking powder and continue to cream the batter with mixer until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the
top with a spatula.
- Arrange fruits on top, don't press the fruits down into batter. Decorate the fruits as desired.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 50-60mins or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Cover the top with foil in the last 15 mins of baking to prevent the top from getting over browned.
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 5-10 mins. Unmold and transfere to wire rack to let cool completely.
- Dust the cake with some icing sugar if desired. (I used snow powder for dusting)